SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

First bait (ongoing)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
scansum
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks go out to Wayne and TSNerd who helped me during this bait.

My comments
Scammer
And normal text is my replies.

Well it started as most scams do. I had money waiting for me to pick up, and I spose since he called me my dear,
I'd better be a woman. Excuse the unimaginitive name. Just knocked something together

To: me
Subject: Re: THE MONEY(Have you received it)
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007
My Dear,

I dont know if my Secretary have sent your cheque to you yet.

It is me, PD DR WALTER ERICH FARKAS,
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OF THE SWISS BANK IN ZURICH.SWITZERLAND.
I am delighted to have completed that business and have received my
total sum of US$20,000,000.00.

Now contact my secretary in Accra Ghana, his name is MR. Garuba Auston
His E-mail is [email protected] ,ask him to send you the total sum of
$1,000,000.00 which i kept for your compensation for all the past efforts and attempts to assist me in this matter.

Send him the following information so that he will be sure that you
are the owner of the cheque:

Your Full Name:
Your address:
Your country:
Your occupation:
Your age:
Your Phone number:

I have forwarded instruction to my Secretary and he will be waiting
for your mail with information on this.

Please do not bother to contact me because i will be out of reach for
about a year.

I thank you for everything and God bless you.

Regards,
PD DR WALTER FARKAS

-------------------------------------------
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Re: THE MONEY(Have you received it)
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007

Hi Dr Farkas,

I'm unsure of what you are talking about.
I've had no communication from your secratery.

Thanks,
Terri
--------------------------------------------------
Hmmm 4 days to reply to me.....VERY bad work ethic

Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007
Hello,

How are you today,i received your mail and yes,i have a cheque here and was instructed by my Boss to
release it to you when you contact me with your following information for confirmation:

Your Full Name:
Your address:
Your country:
Your occupation:
Your age:
Your Phone number:

I will gladly release the cheque to you but what you have to do is to reconfirm the above information
to me and make sure you give your correct information because if it does not correspond with what i
have here,then i will keep the cheque until the right person contacts me.

I will be waiting for your mail with the complete information.

Thanks and God be with you,

+233 245 828 070
Mr. Garuba Auston

-------------------------------------------------
Pretty normal up til now, Lets see if we can get them off script.

Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007
Hello Garuba,

I am fine, how about you?
I'm unsure of what this is regarding, Could you explain please?

Terri

--------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007
Dear Terri,

This cheque is as a gift from my Boss for the help that you have given him in the past when he was trying to
make a certain transaction.

It was in the past few years ago and of recently,he was able to complete the businss transaction with another person.

He then decided to give you US$1,000,000.00 for your compensation as for all you tried in the past years
to help him complete the transaction.

Please send me your details so that i will release this cheque to you.

--------------------------------------------------------
Yup It shows all the hallmarks of being off script. Good, Lets try to keep it that way

Hi Garuba,

Sorry about the length of time in replying, I just got back from work.
I'm still abit confused, I've done some favours over the years but nothing worth that amount of money, and
I've been paid for all my web graphic contract work overseas baring one unfortunately nasty episode a number of years ago.
Walters name does not seem to ring a bell, could you ask him please to clarify which job it was abit better
(Or even roughly when it was done) so I'll know who to thank on my end?

Thanks,
Terri

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Terri,

I got your mail but i want you to know that my Boss did not disclose more to me than telling that
you helped him in the past year to do a certain business though you could not complete the business
with him so he later found some one else years after to get the transaction completed.

Now he has traveled for investment purposses and he said i should release this cheque to you when you contacts
me to reconfirm your details.

I have no way of reaching hoim now until almost a year and i am sure he might have disclosed that to you as well.

Please send me your details so that i will release this cheque to you.

Thank you,

Mr. Garuba Auston

----------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, I should have read that one better. A secretary who can't speak to their boss for almost a YEAR????
Oh well, you live and learn.

Hi Garuba (You in late at the office),
I started asking some of my old work collegues about this and if they had passed on any work of mine to a third
party as such.
Alison did say she had used my graphics but had paid full credit to me being the author when doing so.
So that might be where I became confused.
I still don't think anything I've done is worth that, but hey, if it's made Walter that well off money
wise I'll not turn it down (With a divorce and 3 kids I can't really pick and choose where I get my money from),
and I'm glad he's profited from it. (I'll e-mail him to say thanks myself, but pass it on when you see him, Thanks).

What do you need from me to get this started?

Thanks,
Terri

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Better thank the "boss" and see if we get a reply

Thanks Walter,
Glad my graphics worked out all be it through Allison (It would seem).
But this amount is an awful lot just for some web graphics, are you sure you are not wanting to think about a smaller sum?

Terri
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Terri,

Thanks for your mail.

All i need you to reconfirm to me are:

Your Full Name:
Your address:
Your country:
Your occupation:
Your age:
Your Phone number:

Thank you,

Mr. Garuba Auston

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm disappointed, Walter never replied.
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007

Hi Garuba,

How are you today?

Attached are the details you wanted.

Terri
Your Full Name: Terri Woodbury
Your address: 69 Bonus Alley
Your country: New Zealand
Your occupation: Graphics Designer
Your age: 35
Your Phone number: N/A

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007
Subject: Terri Woodbury
Dear Terri Woodbury,

I am here to inform you that i received your mail and yes, i received a cheque of US$1,000,000.00 from my Boss with the
instruction to release the cheque to you.
Now as i got your mail with information on where to send the cheque to you,i went to the courier company here in
Accra Ghana and they told me that you have to send them the delivery charge so that they will be able to give you
tracking number and tracking information for you to track it on the internet and know exactly when your cheque
will arrive at your address which you provided to me.
They gave me the following information for you to send their delivery charge to them soon by western union or money gram:

Receiver: Oford E. Anekwe
Address: no 12 josephs street Adabraka,Accra Ghana
Amount: US$585.00
Text Question: Lucky?
Text Answer: yes.

Now,i advice you to go and make the payment as soon as you can and get back to me with information because i am sure that the
courier company must deliver your cheque to you after they receive the payment of delivery fee.
They told me that once they get the delivery fee from you,they will give me a tracking number which i will send to you and you
will be able to track on the internet to know exactly when your cheque will arrive at your address.
They assured me that after you send the delivery charge to them,you must receive your cheque in 72 hours. So,make payment without
delay so that you will receive and enjoy this money that is given to you by my Boss(PD DR WALTER ERICH FARKAS).
If you have any question,you can reach me through my email or phone line: 00233 245 828 070.

God be with you.

Thanks,
Mr. Garuba Auston

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There we have the "fee" come into play. But $585 for a courier to carry a cheque. Hmmmmm
But they are back on script. We can't have that.

Subject: Re: Terri Woodbury

Hi Garuba,

You might have not seen, but my phone number is N/A (Meaning I don't have one), so how am I meant to ring you?
Why do we need to use a courier? Can you not just transfer the fund electronically to me?

Terri

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Terri,

The best thing that you can do is to send the courier fee because electronic transfer of the money from
here to your account will cost more than the 585 that it will cost using courier.
I tried to send your cheque through cheaper ways but becaise it is more than US$10,000.00,it is only one
courier that can be allowed to deliver that to your country.
So please,try and send the courier fee because you must receive your cheque at your address within three
days after you have paid the courier charge.
But if you want a wire transfer,then i will direct you to a bank where you will open account first
before they will accept your cheque for deposit and you will pay them US$500.00 first to open the account in your name.

God bless,
Mr. Garuba Auston

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only one courier that can be allowed to deliver to my country? This lad has not heard of DHL to name one. Note the amount to open an account. It comes into play later on.

Hi Garuba,

Hows your day been?
It's late here so I can't really check up on the fee's needed. But I do know one thing which is to shop around. (
I'm love shopping. LOL!)
For paying the amount you are talking about ($700-750) New Zealand dollars, I'd like to know it's
not just 600 in administation fees with this place.
Can you give me scans of the 2 best quotes you have for getting this over to me?

Thanks,
Terri
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Terri,
I do not understand what you mean but what i do know is that the courier company is waiting to receive information
that you have paid the courier charge so that they will accept and deliver your cheque to you at your address.

I advice you to make the payment now and send me information so that you will receive your cheque.

I have attached a scanned copy of my internetional passport in this mail to show myself and also,
i have attached both the front and back copies of your cheque to let you see your cheque.

Try and send the delivery charge today after reading this mail so that you will receive your cheque
in two to three dyas after.

God bless,

click image to see full size

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, they sent me the fake passport without me even asking?
Thats abit of a let down. I have to admit I like the use of fonts though.
Lets get this guy back on track with that I want

Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007

Hi Garuba,

I'll explain abit better. I don't pay bills without seeing what I'm paying for.
I'd like to see how much insurance I'm paying (In case it gets lost in transit) etc...
So can you please scan the invoice/quote. (Please note I want a detailed invoice so I know how it all adds up to USD$585.00)

Thanks,
Terri

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Terri,

I got your mail and i went to the courier company to get the invioce but they told me that invoice can only be given to a Customer after he have paid for the service.
They said that it is illegal to give out their invoice/receipt before payment of the delivery fee but
they explained to me that the US$585.00 is meant for delivery including vat and insurance.

So,please try and send the delivery charge to the courier company and get back to me so that
i can forward information to them showing that you have paid the charge so that they will be able to deliver your cheque to you at your address.

God bless,

Mr. Garuba Auston

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Illegal to send an invoice. I don't think so. Terri's abit smarter than that.

Hi Garuba,

Hows your day going?
Mine was sort of OK.

Now on to this courier company, To be honest the person you spoke to at the courier company does not know what
the hell they are talking about.
An invoice is a bill for money UNPAID (In other words what you owe them and why), a receipt is for when you have paid the invoice.
That whole break down of VAT, insurance and the delivery charge is EXACTLY what I'm after
as a scanned invoice (for money I owe the courier company).

I'm beginning to wonder about a company that does not know the difference between an invoice and a receipt.
Can you please explain the difference to them and request the invoice again. (I'm not asking for a receipt, just the invoice).
If you would give me their contact e-mail address I'll be more than happy to explain the difference to them.
In the mean time I'll look for a courier company in my country that will do the job.
Where were they picking up from?

Hopefully this can be sorted out quickly.

Thanks,
Terri
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Re: Terri Woodbury (invoice)

Dear Terri,

After reading your mail,i went to the courier company and requested that they please give the
document to me so i can show you how it costs that much to deliver your cheque and they brought out the
paper and marked some spaces so that nothing will be written in it.

They pointed out the place where you will see the costs (invoice) and i saw it too.
It is found at the top left hand side of the paper.

I have attached it here in this mail to show you.

Try and send them the fee or come and collect your cheque from me.

God bless,

Mr. Garuba Auston

click on image to view full size
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, now thats the poorest excuse for an invoice I've ever seen.
I can see a slight slapping coming here

Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007

Hi Garuba,

I'm sorry but that is NOT an invoice.
That is the delivery instructions you attach to an international package with invoice on the side, and to be honest if
their courier service is anything like their billing system I would not trust them to deliver a package to the building
beside their office.I'll look at my options again.(I personally advise you find a new courier company as they are probably
ripping you off)
Where would the cheque be picked up from?

Terri

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Terri,

The problem here is not that the courier companies do not know their work but the fact is that there are certain
documents that they do not disclose to individuals for security reasons because those documents can be used by people for
illegal means.
They explained that to me before they decided to give me that receipt because it has explanation about the delivery charge
on its side.
No courier company here will be able to deliver a cheque that is over US$100,000.00 because of the law but just this one.
People have been using them to deliver goods outside countries. The package will be deliverred to you at your address and
you dont have to go pick it up from any other place.
If you are not pleased to receive your cheque through courier company,then you can contact a bank here to open an
account with them where i can deposit the cheque for them to wire transfer the money to your account in your country from
your account here. It is only that it will costs about US$1500.00 to open such an account here as the bank people explained
to me when i tried to find out that from them.
Please,try and make up your mind to receive this cheque through the courier company because it must be deliverred
to you after you have paid the delivery charge.

God bless,

Mr. Garuba Auston

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me make up my mind Huh? Didn't Garubas fee for opening an account suddenly jump from $500 to $1500
No need for the slight any more, slapping time. And give them another "option"

Garuba,

Now you have really annoyed me.
First and foremost lets get one thing straight here.
It's not me making my mind up, the indecision has been caused by a courier company not being able to provide a
universally standard peice of documentation for getting money.
Invoices are sent the world over and your courier company one not being able to supply one is NOT my problem

Second,
Just because I'm a women don't talk down to my like I'm some idiot.

Third,
The price for opening an account has gone up.
"> > > > But if you want a wire transfer,then i will direct you to a bank
> > > > where you will open account first before they will accept your
> > > > cheque for deposit and you will pay them US$500.00 first to open the
> > > > account in your name."

NOW,
Would you make your mind up and make the bank can supply universally recognised documentation
if I require it, I'm getting sick of these delays happening on your end (And losing alot of interest).

There is another option I got told of today. If you have a credit card we can do a transfer of funds directly between
us and you can pay whatever charges are needed.
It's called Visatrans. In essence I go to a bank, I give them the details of the transaction and your e-mail
address and give me a printout.
They send you an e-mail with a passphrase, I send you the printout they give to me, you go to a local
visatrans merchant give them the form, they scan it, You say the passphrase and you get the money there and there.
Safe, secure, and works not a problem.
I want another courier company though. That place you have I don't trust. Just put the cheque in a birthday
card and tell them it's a birthday card.

How about you decide wether you want to do bank account or Visatrans. Visatrans sounds faster to me.

Terri

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Terri,

The bank manager told me when i went there yesterday that the type of account you need is not a
servings account but a current account.
If you want,you can contact the bank or go to their website and find out: www.ecobi.co.uk .

Please forgive me if i offend you but i am just trying to make you receive your cheque.
Please try and pay the courier fee which is cheaper so that you will receive your cheque from the courier company.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Terri,

I do not know what is a visa tran and that seem not to be existing here.

The best,safer and faster way of receiving money here is western union and it does not need much process
than to take your money,go to western union agent location and fill in the sending slip with the receiver's name,address
and your name and address and then question and answer.

They make the transfer and give you a copy to scan and send to me or you send the tracking number and question with
answer to me so i will take it to the courier company and they will cash it and accept your cheque after which they will give
me tracking number for you and in the next two to three days,your cheque is in your hand at your address.

God bless,

Mr. Garuba Auston

2 e-mails same day. I have him worried. OK, lets check out the fake bank and get it reported. (Thanks TSNerd)
Won't force Visatrans. Since he apologised, time to make nice. Don't want to scare him off

Hi Garuba,

I'm sorry for the last outburst but I had a REALLY bad day at work and this whole thing not going
through as smoothly as I'd hoped, it all got on top of me.
The money would most definately come in handy.
Now I've calmed down a bit.
It's a shame you don't support Visatran. Seems like a great service from what I've heard and as good as Western Uniion in speed.
You also recommended another option of me coming over to pick it up.
How much is it to open the bank account because you have talked about 2 figures, one being $500
and the other $1500 or should I ask the bank about that?
(I'd prefer to work through you if that possible as I feel I know you abit)

Thanks,
Terri

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007

Dear Terri,

I received your mail and i went to the bank to find out if they make the visatran you explained but they do
not have something like that over here.

They explained to me that the best account that will serve well for deposition and transfering of your one
million dollars cheque is the account of US$1500.00 so if you want to receive it through bank transfer,then you have
to send the 1500 to open an account but if not,then you should just send the courier fee of US$585 so that it will be
deliverred to you at your address by the courier company.

If you want to send the required charge,i advise you do that through western union money transfer because western
union money transfer is well known in the world generally and you are not at risk transacting through western union.

I will advise you to make decission now and send the fee today or tomorrow so that you will receive your US$1,000,000.00.

One assurance that i am giving you is that you must receive your money if you follow my advise because i want to make
sure you receive it so that you will be happy with me.

I will be waiting to hear from you soon.

God bless,

Mr. Garuba Auston

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good still off script.

Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007

Hi Garuba,

Sorry for the long length of time in the reply.
It's the weekend here, and just before Christmas so I'm sure you understand.
OK, To be honest I'm not liking the courier company at all. (As you know)
Lets go through the bank. I seems alot faster and easier solution as all banks can interract.

Can you let me know what the bank want, the details I need on my end and we can get this done.

Thanks alot,
Terri.

Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007
Dear Terri,

The bank needs the following from you:

Your complete name(Surname first):
Age and date of birth:
Address(Home and office):
Your position in the place of work:
Your company name (If you own a company):
A scanned copy of your internetional passport:
A total payment of US$1500.00.

It is good as you have decided to receive your money through Bank because that is safer.

God bless,

Mr. Garuba Auston

Get off your script

Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007

Hi Garuba,

Sorry, Just got on the computer now, been out with the kids all day.
The banking site did not have an e-mail address to send this information to.
Since they are the ones that need it, it would be faster to send the information directly to them.
Could you provide that e-mail address please?

Thanks,
Terri
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007

Dear Terri,

The bank has an email address and it is [email protected]

Hmmm, think I might be getting rumbled here. No sign off or God bless.

Hi Garuba,
In my e-mail to the bank is there anyone in the bank I should ask to have it forawrded on to?
I'm not really sure about sending my information to [email protected] since I don't know who will read it, or
should I send the information they need through you?
I'd like if possible to talk to someone at the bank however about the accounts and what interest I could get with them as they
seem to be a bank with some potential and I might look at investing with them.

Thanks,
Terri

Dear Terri,

I received your mail and i want you to understand that the best thing would have been to give me all the
information so i can pass it to them and they will contact you to let you know how to send the account opening fee
of US$1500.00 which they also need for opening of the account in your name before the cheque will be deposited into the account.

God bless,

Mr. Garuba Auston

Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007

Hi Garuba,

Attached are the details you wanted.
The passport might be abit difficult as I am currently contracting for a large American company and I need a
senior managers approval to send a scan of my passport to anyone except New Zealand Govt agencies (The whole 9/11 thing).
But I can explain that to the bank. I'm sure they have struck it before and is just a formality.
I've asked my boss who's approval I need and what forms are needed to be filled out. He will get back to me tomorrow about it.
Here are the other details needed.

> Your complete name(Surname first): Woodberry, Terri Betty
> Age and date of birth: 35 29/02/1972
> Address(Home and office): 69 Bonus Alley, Queenspark, New Zealand
> Occupation: Contract Web Graphics Designer
> Your position in the place of work: Graphics Designer
> Your company name (If you own a company): I Draw For U
> A scanned copy of your internetional passport:

If you can pass these details on to the bank and get them to contact me as soon as possible it would be appriciated.

Thanks,
Terri

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well despite a few follow up's Garuba is not replying. I'll try another couple of times but
I think this is now a dead duck. Pity, I had a whole new character waiting in the wings to introduce.
They can wait for next time.
Update he's back. 4 days with no word. His excuse better be good.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic