SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scambaiting impact

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

oh feck it,

Quote:
Beg to differ we are probably less likely to fall for a scam but nobody is immune.

Quote:
Humans have been falling for scams since they have walked they earth, we can educate people to be vigilant and become less likely to fall for a scam ourselves due to what we have read about/seen happen but we are by no means immune.

There is intelligence and there is internet stupitidy

Do I trust the surgeon that operated on me? Yes

Would I buy shares in his Nigerian Gold mine???????????

Go get a life

competence in one level of life does not confer the same level of competence in another

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The surgeon fell for the scam because it pushed the correct buttons where as that one wouldn't work on you as different life experiences have caused you and the surgeon to gain different types of knowledge. However, that does not mean you are immune to scams if they are played right just as a heart surgeon is not immune to having a bad result in the operating theatre despite the fact he is an expert.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
All I know is that I have given some REALLY special attention to a few lads. I know that there are a few individual lads who have had a different life because of me.

Hahahaha, aint that the truth

@Irish. Very good point. The heart surgeon, he may be a good heart siurgeon, brilliant, smart, educated, acccomplished, but... he still got scarmed.

I used to be the kid winning all the money in a three card monty crew. I'd find the card, >kaching<, find it again, >kaching<, find it yet again, >kaching<, and then would make a whopper of a bet on an obvious card. Everyone would say, hey, this kid knows what he's doing, and they'd place their money down. When the card was turned over, wrong card.... oooohh, damn, all that money, lost... the people would watch the guy scoop up all that moneyh, and then, I'd pick a card, >kaching<, and then I'd pick another card, >kaching<, and the, yet again, >kaching<. And then the card would be obvious. I'd place a big bet.... ooooh, shit. Lost all that money... again... rinse, repeat.

We used to do this down on Wall Street during lunch hour. I would make USD100 a day, my cut, which was a pile of money in the 1980s. Were the victims stupid? No, they were not. These were mostly successful business men, but their greed and belief in self conspired against them. So, I know, from first hand experience, that smart people get taken all the time.

I have donated to charity to atone for my misspent youth, so no stone throwing, please.

Regarding this post: I know I have wasted a few scarmers time. Am i making a serious dent? probably not. Is the baiting community making a dent? Probably. I look at what some of the cheque lad baiters are "making", and that is real money that is not being scammed, so, yes, some impact is being made.

Even is it is a small impact, it's a good thing, and... it sure is a lot of fun when it go's right.

Bait safe. Become a premium member. Flipper needs you.

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
Kickstart
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Juan Freizwidatt said excatly what I was going to say - I have noticed over the years their patience has dropped incredibly. I mainly straight bait and have noticed that a decent number of my pets dont get past the 3rd email, just because I ask questions..

That is definately a good thing. We cant save everyone "a fool and his money..." and many people cant comprehend how big the "interweb" is - or how technical a computer and its operation actually are, and are easily tricked. Especially older widowers, who are probably very lonely, and relish the attention they get.

As for the true cost of scamming - I think it's an underestimate... I believe many, many people shell out the initial few $$ before they use their intelligence and guess what the next email will be begging for.

Look at the likes of Bombadiers Stunt boy - nice house, all the toys - and keep in mind any images you have seen of the internet caf�s - all flatscreen pcs.....

Tutorial - Backup your Gmail
Ogotai
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scammer are no longer able to trust anybody
LaBrea
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some of the worst scams I have heard about are not 419 scams.
There are groups of scammers that go from city to city, scamming elderly homeowners out of signifcant amounts of money.
The scam is ususally some form of home repair, although it can be some other modality- like letting the gas meter man come in to read the meter.
These scumbags often rely on conning their victims using their "Winning personalities"- the victims always talk about "how nice they were", right up to the point they disappeared with their money.
Many of these people would never dream of "buying something over the internet" - their generation doesn't use it much, and they are not your typical 419 victim for that reason.

My point- almost everyone has their gullibility quotient- it's just located on different synapses for different folks.

"Sir I sworn an oath as a legal luminary to defend your cause in all ramification from the armpit of the law" - Barr. W4k4r4 Iss4c
pony pony pony Mortar x6 Closed lad accounts x25
Click here to help your lad miss his scam quota
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic