SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scambaiting impact

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Final Boss
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How much damage do you think we have done to the lads

Will he think heres another chance for easy money or how do i know if this guy is real.
I mean they launched a dos attack on eater and aa419 we must be harming their pockets . What do you think?

f you ever mail me again i will go straight to the police and trust me theyll get you.-joshua manvell
Pyrosoft
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lots of damage overall.
Unfortunately there are just too many of them for us to be able to be able to bring it to an end. But with all these people baiting them, and with some baiters managing to get some stunning safari's and waste so much of their time...you cant help but think of all the innocent people that they haven't had time to work on.
And I believe that the DOS attack is a good sign in that it shows we are making a difference and have been noticed.

Mass Mail Tools - How to bank bait

pony pony pony Mortar x2
Jolly Roger
Ibinnavolldepp
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm afraid it's just a drop in the bucket.

If you see how many of these scumbags are around, and what a shitload of initial 419-letters you have in your catcher account every day, I think we need to become a much bigger community before they'll be really harmed. There are still so many gullible victims all over the world that 419 scamming is still a pretty lucrative "business" - sadly.

On the other hand - the DOS is a definitive proof that they are pissed because of us.

As for me, I just enjoy baiting these idiots and getting some classy trophy stuff. If they need a lot of resources (money, time) to produce it - even better. If I can provoke a huge argument between the scammer and others he engaged (and probably proposed to pay them afterwards) with a nice beating of my scammer at the end - excellent. Laughing

"Please for your information i'm not a dump as you said" - Mariam Abacha
"YOU REALLY MADE A FOOL OF ME AND MY PROMOTERS, YOU
HAVE MADE ME TO SPEND THE KIND OF MONEY I NEVER BAGAIN
FOR, does all this pains you are causing me makes you
happy?" - Dr. Edwin Ad@i
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ my feelings too. Too many fish in the ocean for us all to catch, but by God, we have some great trophys, and the publicity helps

Unfortunately, there are too many stupid people out there that believe theyhave won �35 million, can help someone shift Saddams hidden money, think that there are refugees in insufferable camps from the California fires

Until you accept that the vast majority of people on the internet are just plain stupid, and that the scammers are always going to find someone stupid enough to go along with whatever modality they have, we are just seeing the top of the iceberg

Did I mix enough metaphors in there?

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
KeyserSoze
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When you think about it as damage to the lads and 419 scams as a whole, we have probably made a very small impact. When you refer to some of the particular lads and gangs that we have dedicated time into destroying, then we have had huge amounts of success.

When I think about just what I have read on these boards over the past year or so, I can remember at least 10 scammers that had their lives completely destroyed by baiters. There are countless other lads who have had theirs lives made into a living hell at least for a short period of time.

Safari Safari "WE HAVE REALLY SUFFERED GREATLY ON THIS 23 HOURS TRIP FROM IBADAN TO YOLA AND FINALLY TO MADUGURI. IT WAS A SERIOUS TERIBLE JOURNEY." - Kenny the healer - aprox 2500 miles

"I have worn your soul and I will Auction it to the land of the dead before 2 weeks. I laugh at your stupidity. I shall drink my early morning tea with your skull in the land of the dead by two weeks from now" - Cassidy the photographer -

pony pony Mortar x10
William Wankur
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have it on good authority that many of my lads' correspondence is 90% with baiters. Real victims are thankfully somewhat rare. I have had opportunity to locate and warn several victims who had sent money and were about to send more.

So, overall I'd say we're hurting the scammers pretty hard, but they do seem to find plenty of people who are naive, greedy, or both.

"Why are you making me feel stupid?" - Mike Tutu

$5 Million in fake checks and counting!
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Irish, you forgot to mention people looking for bike insurance... not that anyone fell for that one! We sure wasted Mr Philio$ time! hahahaha!

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scambaiting is very much like making love to a beautiful woman...you try your very hardest, but sometimes it ain't good enough. At the end of the day there are plenty more fish to fry.

The universe doesn't end with a bang, it ends with a lottery win - which is nice!

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are more mentions of 419 scams around the internet and even gets mentioned in shows. We have been a part of newscasts about them and referenced by web pages and many other sources. ( and as said before the DDOS which also got some notoriety in the iPress). We many not stop the scammers directly but educating the public and bringing the topic into view has had an effect. And we hear from people every now and then who say if they didn't found us and see that the email they got was a scam, they might have fallen for it.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not only that certain habits picked up by the majority of baiters has made lads weary about certain things which will affect their productivity. No matter how important/pointless you think hiding your IP address is the fact is that paranoia over this subject has ended with the majority of baiters using Gmail to the point where it has been referenced that lads are now weary about doing business with people on Gmail. This could save a real victim who happens to be using Gmail.

There are also some lads now who drop you if you refuse to call them on the phone which again can be attributed to the fact a lot of baiters do not want to receive phone calls from scammers so make up some excuse. It is not inconceviable that skeptical but intrested victims would initially be hesitant about giving out their phone number to someone they have never met before after 1 Email.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well sadly there is *REAL* bicycle insurance. just a little rider on your home owners incase that expensive mountain bike gets stolen Smile

But anyways back to baiting

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
Standard Procedure
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In the last few times I have been trying to get lads (Yes, even though I'm quieter, I try to bait when I have a chance!), they have been pretty reluctant to do anything that will directly expose them like filling out forms, pose with a sign, etc. I have even been told to not visit Nigeria by one of my lads a little while ago...

The following statement is true
The above statement is false
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In the four years that I've been baiting I've definitely noticed that lads are far more wary today than they used to be. Whether they've been baited themselves or just heard stories from other lads is unknown, but they're far quicker to drop me if I stall even a little (and I do straight baits). This is a Very Good Thingtm since any hesitation by real victims will cause lads to drop them. We're having an impact, absolutely, even if it can't be quantified in numbers.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
anzac
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In the short time I have been baiting I have found the lack of policing quite disturbing in relation to these scammers, on only 4 occasions has a server warned me that the e-mail address was suspect.
As to the effectivness of Baiters, only time will tell, but every bit of effort to tie up the time of these people must be worth it.

Quote:
Until you accept that the vast majority of people on the internet are just plain stupid, and that the scammers are always going to find someone stupid enough to go along with whatever modality they have, we are just seeing the top of the iceberg

What a crass Statement to make IMO so your contention is that any one who uses the internet is plain stupid barring the select few minority Rolling Eyes

Last edited by anzac on Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^If the newspapers are to be believed, �3Billion is the UK slice of the scammers pie per year. That suggests either :
the papers got it wrong, or
There are a lot of stupid people out there.

Now, maybe the word stupid is the wrong one to use in the OP's post, perhaps 'gullible' would be more appropriate?

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
anzac
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

�3Billion ???????
I think the papers did get it wrong Shocked

Try this at home the population of Britain is 60 million divide that into 38 billion pound = the goverment would go ape shit Very Happy

Last edited by anzac on Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I stand by my remark above, when an 18 yr old in New Zealand can infect 1.5 million computers with a bot because 1.5 million people didn't have a firewall or anti-virus installed, it makes you wonder

As to whether or not the papers in Britain got the numbers wrong, I think that is probably a conservative estimate, based on reported scams, there are going to scams that never get reported due to the victims being so embarrassed by falling for it.

Or able to hide the losses suffered

Either way, there are a lot of *gullible * people out there

Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
anzac
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Either way, there are a lot of *gullible * people out there

So this has gone down from the VAST majority
Thank you
Mr Otto
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Overall, I don't think it's a very large percentage of smamers out there. But in sheer numbers, you guys (I'm new) have probably saved people million and millions of dollars.

People are getting wiser to these scams. I heard a PSA (public service announcement) on radio today here in the USA. It was from a non-for-profit public research group warning people about random cyberspace cons, especially emails from strangers claiming that they have money for you but require you to pay a "small" fee to recover your money. Nothing is free! It was the typical 419 scam alert. It made me think of this site and how much good it is doing.

Keep up the good work! And a happy holidays to all.

-First of all,I observed from the beginning that everything I did provokes you which I have never experienced in my life.

-As for me I have a strong Christian upbringing which thought me to �do unto others as you want them to do unto you� which is the golden rule. my only worry is if my 50% share is safe with you not after we have secured the fund in your possession you will now change on me.

-I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord.

-I am pleading to you to forgive me because if there is not quarrel, there will be no forgiveness.

-Be careful with their e-mails so that your parcel will not be in danger with their evil planes.
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

whatever rattles your cage Anzac, just stopping this thread turning into a nitpicking rant

4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@irishemigrant

Ever seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puYEUs18MFI&feature=related it is about a Californian Heart Surgeon who fell for a 419 scam. Do you think he is stupid? There is a scam out there with everyones name on it and no matter how intelligent you are nobody is immune.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

jxd
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the point is there are different levels and areas of stupidity. Some people drive stupid, some socially interact stupid, and some people are are too trusting of emails from strangers. (and some people, no matter how hard they try, can't quite master spellng.)

And some people ARE immune to 419 scams, take all of us for example!

"I was brought up in a motherless babies home"

"I have the Consignment Code here with me which I will send to you and without this Code no Human Being can open that Box"

pony pony EmailParser pony pony
Ponies taste like cyanide and happiness.
Mr Wang
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jxd wrote:
(and some people, no matter how hard they try, can't quite master spellng.)

I see what you did there!
Back on topic, if you look at some of the first ever baits and compare them to todays, you can see you have a stupendously small chance of pulling off things now than what baiters did many years ago.

It's a good thing, if these scammers are getting more paranoid they could potentially drop a real victim if they ask a sensitive question.

Closed lad accounts x 3ish?
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All I know is that I have given some REALLY special attention to a few lads. I know that there are a few individual lads who have had a different life because of me.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jxd wrote:
And some people ARE immune to 419 scams, take all of us for example!

Beg to differ we are probably less likely to fall for a scam but nobody is immune. If we are to take 419 as an umbrella term for all types of Advance Fee Fraud if there is a talanted scammer out there who knew which particular buttons to press you or I could be a victim of such a scam tomorrow. Humans have been falling for scams since they have walked they earth, we can educate people to be vigilant and become less likely to fall for a scam ourselves due to what we have read about/seen happen but we are by no means immune.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic