SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

HDTV USA

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
don't trust the salesfolk at the mega stores (Best Buy, etc.).
Exactly. I bought mine from Best Buy. I found what I wanted and got the price from their web page. Also found the same thing at Circuit City for the same price but went to Best Buy I think because they had it in stock and CC needed a day to deliver it. The clerk looked the price up and told me about $50 more than the price I found. I was ready to walk across the street to CC but I mentioned my price and she said that her price was the internet price. I asked to see the screen. She immediately said she would give it to me at my price. After that I found that BB tries that bait-and-switch on many people. The moral is be sure of your facts and aways be ready to walk away.

She also tried to convince me to buy the $150 surge protector, because other people didn't and they ruined their TV. Rolling Eyes

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Trustmeimalawyer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you go ANYWHERE and start talking about internet prices, its a sure-fire way to get discount. And plenty of it.

All comes down to how aggressive the shop is compared to rivals. A company I used to work for under-went a 180 degree change of policy, due to competitor activity. We had started the year, with a 'we wont match our web price, thats there because they have less over-heads and we wont match any retail competitor' to 'we'll match our own web price, and sometimes a bit more and we'll match ALL our competitors prices and we'll refund you an extra 10% of the difference'.

Just be sure on your prices as DrWho said, make sure your models match up correctly and its a guarantee you'll be able to pick up your TV (and sometimes a bit more) for less than the original asking price.

NEVER be afraid to quote web prices, or let your sales-assistant tell you otherwise.

ThEy JuSt KeEp CoMmInG...
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great thread - very helpful - gonna buy an LCD after Christmas when the prices are supposed to be lower.

Still confused about a couple of things:

What is a High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) cable - googled it but still don't understand. Is it just a cable with lot of pins that connects the digital cable box to the TV? Why is it important?

And Dr Who - why the surge protector comment - shouldn't every electronic device have one?

Does anybody know where my socks are?

EDIT - forget the last question - I called Information instead - the girl said they were behind the couch - she was right. Thumbs up
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Surge protectors are somewhat needed in my opinion. If you live in a problem area where your power isn't consistent or you have a lot of electrical storms, then I would say yes. I have surge protectors on my computers and in 15 years they have never tripped. In that time there has been 1 electrical storm. I also can get a regular surge protector for a lot less than Best Buy sells it.

HDMI is the new digital A/V cable interface. Important because it can deliver both audio and video in one cable and the protocol splits the two in the unit. Also can support the coming higher def video and higher channel, higher def audio. I suppose it is also important for some because it supports DRM. Mainly you only have to use 1 cable for everything.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Trustmeimalawyer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gold Hat wrote:

What is a High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) cable - googled it but still don't understand. Is it just a cable with lot of pins that connects the digital cable box to the TV? Why is it important?

Basically, its an upgraded SCART cable, but capable of carrying the HD signal that a scart can't.

ThEy JuSt KeEp CoMmInG...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic