SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scam from bank claiming to be Lloyds TSB...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
beaverman
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of my work colleagues at work just got an e-mail in his private inbox.

It basically claims to be from Lloyds TSB claiming that the online account is about to expire and to "login here" and update account details.

The address it came from was "[email protected]" (sorry, couldnt get the headers)

The link it relates to is: http://www.ewg-automation DOT de/redaxo/include/addons/import_export/pages/online.lloydstsb.co.uk/ibc/logon.html

Hopefully there is someone here who can have a little fun with it perhaps or maybe kill the site.

Good luck!!

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This looks like a phishing email rather than a scam email. Basically, they just want your details so they can hack whatever accounts you have. You can input any old crap in the login bit and it will still accept it. I've now had them from pretty much every single UK bank there is (I normally get at least 3 or 4 every day from various different banks). The banks themselves can't do anything about it. I think the best we can do is to contact the ISP or site host and inform them that the site is being used for phishing. You can't bait them - they're probably just bots.
Which email provider did it come through to? There is normally a way to find the header on pretty much anything (there's a sticky about it somewhere, not sure where!)

pony

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified "Atta Girl"!
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59431

In specific, SlayerFaith's very informative post on the matter.

I have taken the liberty of reporting the OP so a mod can deactivate that link. You do not want to go to phishing sites, especially on IE.

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic