SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A very well written lad

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
josslyn
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not sure if I should post this here or in another area of eater. I've received a 419 email in my catcher account and it stands out because it is very well written. It lacks the usual grammatical errors that lads make. Actually, I think it is written by somebody whose first language is English. The scammer claims to be in London.

I'm fairly new here and not sure if I'm allowed to post the entire email here, so I won't in this post. However, if it is allowed I will post the email in its entirety, including the email address and name of the scammer.

Also, compared to most initial 419 emails, this one is extremely short.

Baby i am up and doing, If any other man can be on a woman for 30 mins,i will be there for One hr. (Dav!d Ku6a)
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Josslyn, feel free to post the email you received, well written emails are not at all unusual, bearing in mind that quiet a few scammers are university educated people. Please post the email headers when posting.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
luckey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi josslyn,

That's not so unusual in my experience. I see a lot of reasonably well written first scripts, and I'm seeing more and more shorter scripts.

Have you replied? I'll bet the language skills drop a notch or two.

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's no problem with posting it.
Post the full header as well though. You can blank out your own address if you're the kind who wears a tin-foil hat. Wink

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Templeton Peck
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Josslyn,

Try this link and then copy and paste your email header in to the box and it should give you a coutry of origin.

http://headertool.apelord.com/headers

When you have the originating ip address, use this link to get a satelite image of the approximate whereabouts of the said address

http://www.ip-adress.com/

have fun

TP Very Happy

Fake Websites Killed - United Kingdom x 1

Bank Accounts Reported - United States x 1 Thailand x 1 United Kingdom x 1 Nigeria x 1 Guernsey x 1

pony
josslyn
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, here it is. I don't wear a tin foil hat but sometimes I may wear a dunce hat (I'm still a bit green at all of this) Confused . I don't think I'm going to bait this guy so if anybody wants him, let me know and I'll forward the email from my catcher account. If I need to provide anything else, let me know.

Quote:
to [email protected], Snipped your addy - SP

dateNov 27, 2007 3:52 AM
subjectFW: From Mr. Brown
mailed-byhotmail.com

hide details 3:52 AM (13 hours ago) Reply

Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 09:23:54 -0800
Subject: From Mr. Brown
To: [email protected]

Dear Friend,

It’s my pleasure to contact you over this transaction and I hope for your assistance on this matter.

I discovered a dormant account in my office as a group director with a bank here in London; presently the account is in an escrow account It will be of my interest to transfer this money worth half a Million Pounds in an account offshore. If you can assist me in getting this money transferred out of London then invest with it and also establish partnership.

Contact me if you think you can handle such amount and kindly remember that this is very confidential.

I wait to hear from you.

Regards

Jerry Brown
Group Finance Director

Edit: Correct placement of quote

Baby i am up and doing, If any other man can be on a woman for 30 mins,i will be there for One hr. (Dav!d Ku6a)
notobescammed
Radio Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll give him a go!

I know just what to do with his half a million pounds....

you are trying to ask me if Iam a robber? is this correct? - Dr Usman
My own version meaning of the word (SCAM) {The Transaction you will start that will never end! - Kw3s1
Sometimes the truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off - Kw3s1

Pith Helmet Birthday Safari - Co Bait with FrumpyBB and Redshoes17

Click here to support 419Eater.com Nurse Nastys Audi TT
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, a million pounds? I don't know if I'm strong enough to carry all of that. Maybe I can help in some other way, though? Wink Laughing

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jerry Brown used to be governor of California.

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
josslyn
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, yes. I forgot about Jerry Brown, the governor of California. Wonder if it's the same guy Smile.

I'm happy that somebody is going to bait him. I'm afraid that I'm too inexperienced at this point. The email does concern me because it doesn't set off as many warning bells, to me, as the usual ones. It may be more convincing to potential victims.

I know people that work in banks. I'll have to ask them to keep an eye out for dormat accounts.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic