SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Nintendo DS question.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am off to the States for a day next week, and I've been asked to get a Nintendo DS for someone. (They cost double in the UK compared to US prices).

Question is, will a US model work on the UK power supply?
And will a US model play games that are produced for the UK market?

I'm not a video game buff at all as you can probably guess.
Thanks...

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
TJ Hooker
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

I purchased my DS in America (I'm from the UK) and as long as you've got a decent plug adapter, you'll be fine. DS games are also region free as well and i've bought games from both the US and the UK!

Hope this helps

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can off course simply buy a DS charger in the UK

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We were in the US earlier this year, and the kids bought loads of DS games at a fraction of the UK price.

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
Standard Procedure
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My brother is going down south and he will get himself a ton of PS3 games. AFAIK, games are still region free, it's the DVDs that aren't...

The following statement is true
The above statement is false
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the only thing you have to worry about are games that are language specific (ie a Japanese game). Other than that, I don't think they make them PAL or NTSC.

But just 1 day? Long trip just for a day. Where are you headed? Can I see your mocked up British Airways ticket? Very Happy

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The issue will be the plug. Electricity here in the US is different than in UK/Europe. Just make sure to buy a converter so when you get home the thing can be plugged into a UK outlet. Most major stores that sell luggage and the like will have such a converter. These generally are not that expensive. Try a department store like Target or Wal-Mart rather than a specialty luggage store as the specialty store will charge you a comparative arm and leg.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One thing to check with those adapters is whether they connect the earth pin. The cheaper ones are only two-pin. On the other hand there is a very good chance that the power supply doesn't have an earth connection anyway.

You will get more choice buying the adapter in the USA than waiting until you get back to the UK.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Probably another UK/US difference in English. We call it the "ground" over on this side of the pond Very Happy

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Mortar x8
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thud419 wrote:
One thing to check with those adapters is whether they connect the earth pin. The cheaper ones are only two-pin. On the other hand there is a very good chance that the power supply doesn't have an earth connection anyway.

Typically games like that don't have an earth/ground connection, only a hot and a neutral. You can get those power adapters for next to nothing over here, only a few dollars. Any store like Target or Walmart will have them. You just need a 120VAC to 240VAC adapter.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I suppose nobody on the left side of the pond has a DS power-supply they can check to see if it is dual voltage? Otherwise it'll be cheaper to buy one over here than mess about with a converter.

Very true about "ground", and it's called "live" here, not "hot". We can agree on "Neutral" though; one out of three isn't bad.

I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14

The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thud:

I don't know what the price difference is on the game, but the converter won't cost you more than $10.00.

Glad we could agree on one out of three thought Smile

Mortar x8
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

While earth isn't 'common' around here (sorry for the bad pun), we do use that term some. We also use live as well. But typically I would call something a hot leg. When using the term for wires or conductor, we typically use the term live.

If it does have a dual source power supply, you still have to get a plug adapter. Our small plugs don't match up with those big goofy ones you have over there. Very Happy

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I sit corrected.

butt long ebay linky

That's got 110V and the correct plug. Go ahead and buy the DS, Mugatu

Cellphone x14

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic