SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Computer (Basic) maintenance.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We all use them and hell we would be lost without them, but dust is a computers main enemy!

Forget spyware tools, firewalls and antivirus software, you do need them but the debate on them would fill a whole year of posts, were talking dust and how to effectively get rid of the damn stuff.

Dust will over time cause the following:
    Loss of performance
    Instability
    Frustgration
    Lots of viewing forums to find out why your machine is getting slower and nothing works to speed it up

Well its nothing more sinister than household dust, and its not a simple case of blowing it out, the damn stuff gets right under the cpu fan and becomes a blanket.

PC world sells AIR, dont bother, its great on a keyboard but it wont shift 3mm of dust under the cpu fan, you need the following tools

1x screwdriver around 2mm one of those precison ones
1x flashlight

Shine light on fan, and you can see the dust. If you havent turned the computer off and taken the plug out then your going to die, do it now dying isnt the right way to do this.

Where there is VERY easy access to the fan, you can with EXTREME delicacy remove a few bits of dust.
Move the blades round and repeat.
Once you get round the whole 360 you should have removed enough for the fan to throw the rest out when the computer is restarted.

Put any tools down, gently push fan it should spin freely, if it does NOT spin do NOT restart the machine, use the flashlight and find the bit of dust and remove it very carefully.

Now restart the machine - dont replace the side cover yet, theres a dust storm coming

As windows boots you should get bits of dust flying all over the place, let them, there better out than in.

Now your machine should run much better.

Every 6 months should be enough to combat dust.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
wingman
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What about my laptop? Is there a way to clean it w/o dissasembling it? Or shipping it to Nigeria?

Total amount in counterfeit checks taken off the street: $11450USD

"YOU THE TALK OF SCAM YOU WILL REMAIN POOR OVER THERE, YOU DONT KNOW EZE EGO OF IHIALA.."[email protected]

"if only u had a little bit more education........u probably wouldn't have ended up this way."...Dr Bola Taylor

"THE GOD OF ABRAHAM WILL DESTROY U THIS 2007 YOU WILL NOT ENTER 2008 ."...henry oranusi (fake minister)
Cellphone x5 Closed lad accounts x6 pony
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Every laptop I've seen (only a few) there is a bezel covering the disassembly screws. Check your manual for the exact instructions. Pop off the bezel and remove the screws. These usually hold the keyboard in place. Lift the keyboard out but be careful not to damage the connections. Find the CPU and heat pipes (relatively large copper conductors). Blow compressed air to remove any dust, especially around the heat pipes and fan. Laptops operate on the edge of over heating so try to remove and clean every area where air circulates.
I have found that you have to get into the internals to be sure everything is clean, trying to blow air from the outside just doesn't work.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
wingman
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Dr Who... I'm in love with your avatar... Whoa. That would be an incredible way to waste a weekend. :yikes: bow_down Thumbs up

Total amount in counterfeit checks taken off the street: $11450USD

"YOU THE TALK OF SCAM YOU WILL REMAIN POOR OVER THERE, YOU DONT KNOW EZE EGO OF IHIALA.."[email protected]

"if only u had a little bit more education........u probably wouldn't have ended up this way."...Dr Bola Taylor

"THE GOD OF ABRAHAM WILL DESTROY U THIS 2007 YOU WILL NOT ENTER 2008 ."...henry oranusi (fake minister)
Cellphone x5 Closed lad accounts x6 pony
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yea. She senses my power and seeks the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake.
But I do deny them my essence.

"To Serve Man"
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DrWho wrote:
Women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake, but I do deny them my essence.

Fixed it for you!

Cool

--J. "I Can No Longer Sit Back and Allow" D.

D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yea you laptop bods can use air Sad

The rest of us with real computers have to get our mitts dirty, as air wont shift the damn stuff.

Just a note on laptops, the keyboard isnt hard to remove and the exhaust fan is normally under it, you still need to clean that too so you dont escape a real world computing experience Twisted Evil

Oh and dont forget the graphics card, if its a decent one it will have 2 mounted fans and a nice barrier for you to circumvent, and to make it even more complex you might even have a stand alone exhaust blower too.

I think im going to make some dust barriers next, they do not look nice, well not yet, but they allow air freely through them but not dust then you can just every now and then wipe off the excess and none will be inside the machine.

Once ive made one ill post how to construct them and the materials used.

War on Dust = end of tutorial.

OK Tutorial on DUST filter.

Computers have openings, so this will not only stop the dust it will act as air freshener too Smile

Product used - Blue peter double backed sticky tape and Bounce dryer cloth 1x

Put the sticky tape on all the openings *not the out ones only the IN ones, and cover with the Bounce.

Now your computer has its own filter. The dust accumalates on the filter - computer runs cool still - because bounce wont stop the air in/out but it will stop the dust, you can replace the filters as there so cheap every few weeks if required.

Also if your artistic you can draw piccy's on them and make them look much better.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice tips, Digitalone. I especially like the Bounce fabric softener sheet. This should help counteract the litterbox stench, too! Smile

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Great advice so far but suck don't blow. Blow j is just an expression. Moving the dirt around into nooks and crannies can't be good.

Unplug the machine. Take the cover off and use the vacuum. You should be able to get the cpu fan to spin like crazy. Don't stick your tongue in there unless you are running your video camera and like to post really stupid stunts on YouTube.com. The leading edges are what you are after. Suck out the blades of the heatsinks. Don't disconnect the connection between the heatsink and the cpu unless you plan on redoing the thermal compound.

Suck out the power supply and the video card fan if there is one. Everything with dust bunnies has to be sucked.

Put its pants back on and away you go.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Also, hard drives can get dirty so here is an explanation on how to clean one for that extra boost in access speed. Smile

http://www.pcnineoneone.com/howto/cleandrive1.html

Be sure to read the instructions all the way through before starting.

"To Serve Man"
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ And read the title of your browser window too.

I don't go in for air. Air makes static, especially vacuum cleaners. By all means use the vacuum cleaner to grab the dust when its air-born, but don't get it any closer than a few inches from any electronics or metal. Clean the heatsinks and fans with a natural-fibre paintbrush.

There is a school of thought that takes all the covers off the PC, takes it outside and twirls it around their head for a while. That is probably the most efficient method of extracting loose dust, after using the paintbrush. But don't come crying to me when you drop it or it hits something.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My CPU was running hot the other day and I used the vaccum cleaner. I put the plastic attachment on the end of the hose that you use for getting into corners - no static that way. You don't need to actually touch any hardware as the suction should be enough to shift the dust.
By the time I finished, my PC was running at half the temperature it was before.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The answer to your dust problems:

http://www.whateverworks.com/itemdy00.asp?c=&T1=K7046#zoom

Smile

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I use a 1/2 inch brush and vacuum cleaner for cleaning the inside my pc.
Don't forget to get all the dust that collects at the bottom and nooks and crannies of the case too.
Otherwise when you clean the ports/fans etc, all that lovely new fresh air that's now able to get into the innards of your rig, just blows up a new dust cloud and it's starts clogging up all over again.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very true windy.

@Shiver now thats a cool little gadget i like that,

Stoker Thompson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

After cleaning out lotsa little fan's I decided that the $5 or so spent on new ones was a good buy. Especially the cool LED ones!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic