SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Lad in "where he claims to be" shocker!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've just had 2 months off from baiting due to holidays and work, but at last I'm able to throw myself back into the sport of kings.

My new lad, Barrister Dan, originally wrote to me claiming to be from Lome, Togo. He's pushing a straighforward next of kin scam, the usual one involving a plane crash. (I'm going for a nice easy one to start with as I need to get back into practice. I'm also doing a love scam on the side to keep some variety, but I digress).

Anyway, I just looked his IP up, and it resolves to: Lome, Togo.

He's telling the truth damn it! I've never come across this before with any of my old lads....
Is it a common thing that I've just not seen before?
Is there any benefit to being honest as to where he's based?

He spoils it all by the way, with his Indian yahoo.co.in email address! Laughing

What's his game?

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Jason_dinAlt
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lots of lads tell the truth about their location, well usually at least to a city, how else can they explain their land line number? But with other lads its a diferent story, always suspect the lad of not being forthright with his location if he gives you a mobile number only or a re-direct number like a yak number.

Spain x2 United Kingdom Closed lad accounts x20 Goat Goat
By the time I am through with you,that miserable thing inside you call a baby will come out being a goat and hating you for your wickedness. Barrister Ekene
I have been to this place for four times making fool of myself with invalid numbers.I will rather not go there again: Barrister Ekene
For all this pains you have cost to my heart today you must surely die for it. Fuck off and never reply this mail. Linda Wallfan Johnson

Last edited by Jason_dinAlt on Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
redshoes17
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know what your guy is up to at least half of my lads admit to being where they really are. They also scam with their real pictures.

I'm pretty new at this so I can't say if it is common or not.
sekhmet29
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had a couple lying about where they are, but mostly that seems to be the only thing they are honest about in my baits! Mind you, my hitman lad told me he was in Newc4stle yesterday - IP is still coming up as Nigeria... Rolling Eyes And he told me he was in London before, too... "I" live in Wales, so he's giving himself a bit of a trip...

pony

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified "Atta Girl"!
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I wouldn't say you're so new Redshoes. It's nice to get some other feedback from people whether experienced (in Jason's case) or somewhat less so (in yours or mine).

Seeing as it's so common I'm just surprised I've not seen it before, all my previous lads have pretended to be somewhere they're not. Usually a different continent.

The phone number was a good pointer Jason. He provided me with a landline in his intro email and keeps urging me to call him

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mugatu: In my experience, lads usually don't lie a lot when their story is about them coming from the West African countries... I can remember many who claimed to be from, say, Cote d'Ivoire or Nigeria, and their IPs really are from there. (I'd post some links to those baits, but I'm feeling very laid back and lazy today... maybe later.) It's the "I'm from London, I am!" ones that I typically think "No, no you're not" and find that they too are from the typical scam hotspots.

Sekhmet29: If he means Newcastle-upon-Tyne, then I'm not outside 50km of Newcastle (can I be any vaguer but still be specific, I wonder?). Is he still claiming to be there?

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If a lad lies about his location it is usually the case that they, as Otterfan has brought up, claim to be in Britain, more specifically London. They find 07 re-direct numbers easy to come by. It is strange that no other country in the world other than Britain seem to offer these re-direct services so easily and readily.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ And that's what happens to me quite a lot, the lad claims to be from London and has a UK 07 mobile number usually.

Maybe subliminally I'm drawn to baiting these "UK based" lads as it's easier to make them twist and turn. I suspect that's the case. Sad

Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have only known lads to lie about their location whe they claim to be in Europe, usually Spain, Netherlands or UK.

Or when the buggers claim to have taken a safari but haven't stepped foot outside of their grotty internat cafe... Evil or Very Mad

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I much prefer it when the Lads claim to be in London or elsewhere in the british Isles, and they're not.

Cases in point:

http://www.scamorama.com/reynolds_moreno.html

http://www.scamorama.com/eliza_johnson.html

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic