SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Match.com scammer

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
txiki1uk
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi

Just joined the forum following someone trying to scam me after making contact on match.com. Typical story, young american girl who goes to africa to buy antiques, and they are stuck in customs in Lagos - and although she hasn't directly asked me for the money yet - it's obvious where the conversation is going.

I googled "her" yahoo account, and found a link to another website where this account was being used in a similar way a couple of years ago.

I haven't blown this guy out of the water yet, and I don't have the time or inclination to start baiting him/her - and I was wondering if anyone wanted to take over from me? - or would like to know their cover profile on match.

Cheers

Andy
sekhmet29
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm surprised it wasn't a funeral... Anyway, I'd be happy to take her off your hands - I just lost my lovely girlfriend to apathy, so I need someone to keep me busy. Can you PM me the details (or just post an email addy on here if you want "her" to be mass baited!)

Oh, and by the way, welcome to the eater, well done for not becoming a victim, and once you've got time to join this noble sport, you'll be very welcome.

pony

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified "Atta Girl"!
Tasman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ txiki1uk - are you interested in baiting or just confirmation of the potential scam. There are plenty of folks here that can help so just ask!

"What you can tell me now? Maybe Russian Mafia, Godzilla, Hitler, third World War
prevented you make a transfer?"
"You are not bigger than Almighty God.If You were created by God, then i command the charm you are using to fail.IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH. REKE MAMA LAKKAKULIMAKA." Barrister Aby
"fock yuuuuuuu" - Kevin Ezeh
"i hope u r real..bcos u r sounding like a joker now" - Day0
"If you have nothing to say or do, go f**k yourself." N4na

Ivory Coast
United States <- Fake dog adoption site

pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Dancing Banana

Mortar x20
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Tx and welcome, hope you dont mind me calling to Tx but, txiki1uk is way too hard to spell.

Did I read your post correctly, are you still communicating with the (cough) "lady" and are you using your own real information and email address in doing so.

You need to stop all communication, through any email or dating site that is personal to you.

That's the first step

next step is post an email address here.

You are dealling with a West African romance scammer and it is good for us to find out information from them and of course lots of fun to bait them, who knows, someone here may allready know your Lad.

When your ready we can teach you to bait safely and just as important we can refine your scammer spotting skills, some of the Russian ladies are much harder to spot

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh crap! Please don't tell me the lads are paying for dating sites now!! How else did you get 'her' email addy if it was just the trial membership? I thought all you could do on trial membership there was wink at others.

Please REPORT this to Match.com. If 'she's' scamming, you're not the only one.

I pick up lads to bait all over Myspace with about 6-8 different accounts. Anytime a lad messages one of my personalities there, I check the lad's page. If he's got any friends, I have a couple of Watchdog accounts that I go to warn them.
txiki1uk
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi

Thanks for the responses.

Firstly, I guess this Lad is paying for membership, because he contacted me. Pretty soon we were chatting on yahoo, but it didn�t seem right as all long answers were copied and pasted, and it didn�t seem right. As soon as all he could talk about was the fact that he was so sad as he couldn�t get out, would meet me once he�d got his goods out and made a profit etc. I was wary to begin with, but when there was no conversation coming from him, it was quite obvious, and googling the yahoo name brought up this page:

http://www.quatloos.com/Tax-Forums/viewtopic.php?t=1003996

I have reported it to Match, but all I got was an automated response from them

Dear Member,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us about this issue. We take seriously activities such as the one you reported and have referred it to the appropriate departments for investigation and action.

It is Match.com's policy to require some form of written proof that a member has violated the member agreement, before any action can be taken. Please forward any disturbing correspondence to match.com for our review.

If you need more help do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Service.

Regards,

Well, I am not sure how I am going to give them written evidence, but I am surprised by this response, especially as they owe a duty of care to their clients, and even if I can�t provide evidence, then they could bait him themselves, and find out pretty quick what the deal is

So, I decided to hand it to you guys. I have my hands full running my business (and looking for someone who isn�t a west African lad) and I don�t have time to bait this guy � so he�s all yours. I am still in contact, as I am sure I could get the evidence that Match needs, but I don�t know if I can be bothered.

So

Email address is kathyjones221 at yahoo.com
Profile on match is lovinghrt509

As I write the profile is still up � check out the cute photo! I have now blocked him from my yahoo � as I am not sure how much information can be got from my yahoo account, I don�t feel like taking on. If anyone wants to pretend to be me, my name is Andy and I live in London, and will be moving to Madrid in January � that about as much as you�d need to know.

Cheers

Andy
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Baiting from scratch is just as easy, call in from time to time to see what we are up to with your lad

Goes without saying be carefull on those dating sites, if they ask you to send money, cash a cheque or open a bank account, in 99.9 percent of cases it is a scam.

The .1% percent is probably generous.

If you do find the time to join us feel free

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
txiki1uk
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't been asked for anything yet - but it's very clear where the conversation is going. I hope to see some progress at some time.
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Have you set your yahoo messenger to save all conversations and archive them? You'll need to copy and paste the chats when he does hit you up for money, into a complaint to match.dom.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have sent off a message to her Yahoo addy and she has gotten back to me with the who are you and where did you get my addie response.

Told her through Match.com, seems like a bit of a challenge this one, lets see how I go.

Wayne would be up to the fruit talk stage but I am not so fast. Wink

@OBL, just noticed your a master baiter now, congradulations Laughing

txiki1uk
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would imagine they have probably got together and share out any response to their emails form mugs like me - which is probaby why he's suspicious.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a hard nut to crack but I will keep at it

From your scammer

Quote:
Did you get to read my profile on match and do you have a yahoo messenger so we might be able to chat online? Hope to hear back from you soon

My reply

Quote:
Hi Kathy

No I didn't get to read the profile and I dont have a yahoo account,
but it shouldn't be a problem to set one up so we can chat sometime

You may need to help me to set it up as i am not very good with computers Smile

Regards

Where there is replies there is hope

sekhmet29
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've just started with her as well, and got pretty much the same reply - where did you get my address, do you have yahoo, etc. One thing I did notice: except for the occasional slip, her English is a cut above the majority of scammers...

pony

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified "Atta Girl"!
redshoes17
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Murry

Very good. I did this just the other day. It was getting confusing baiting my lad with three different characters with the same yahoo id so I decided to see if I could get him to set up a new ID for me and he did.

Safari Dan Benin City to Lagos
Safari ARK Tamale to Kumasi
star Hello Kitty! Mortar x41
I don't need you alone for sex. w1l13

i was ashamed this money money was not in the system when we got there to cash it,it made me and my family lawyer look like little children Godwin

'because no one want your progress not every one want your goat to give birth to twins as the man who see tomorrow told me when i visit him in the shrine Godwin

i was rubbed by rubber last friday, they collectted all my money and my phones.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I just got told where to find Yahoo

Quote:
Well its quite easy go to this (www.yahoo.com) Hope to hear back from you soon and looking forward to talking with you online.

Katherine

I will take a little time to get there, I dont want to take the risk of losing her for either of us by both doing the exact thing in getting her to set it up for me, I will definately be asking for instructions however.

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for the help, I Have found the yahoo site and I am just reading
up on what I need to do to set up.

I need to go now but by tomorrow i should be right.

Thanks again

How do you think i will go? Wink

redshoes17
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I am not baiting this one. I was just saying what I did with one of my lads. He forgot to add the friends tho, so he did that this morning. Very Happy

Safari Dan Benin City to Lagos
Safari ARK Tamale to Kumasi
star Hello Kitty! Mortar x41
I don't need you alone for sex. w1l13

i was ashamed this money money was not in the system when we got there to cash it,it made me and my family lawyer look like little children Godwin

'because no one want your progress not every one want your goat to give birth to twins as the man who see tomorrow told me when i visit him in the shrine Godwin

i was rubbed by rubber last friday, they collectted all my money and my phones.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Sorry RS, more help will be need then,

sometimes I love how little I know about the interweb thingy Wink

txiki1uk
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a follow up to the original post, just wondering if anyone got any success with this lad?

A
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is 'her' profile still on Match.com? I have a profile there. PM me the details and I'll see if I can find 'her'. I don't usually bait as a man though, but I'll give it a go if no one else ever got to her.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic