SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

BotNet "owner" charged

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like the FBI is taking an interest in botnets. This one was more about ID theft, but I would think still related to what hit here.

http://fraudwar.blogspot.com/2007/11/botnet-owner-faces-60-years-in-prison.html

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

May he rot in hell Evil or Very Mad

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's a bit harsh Lotta Laughing

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
They also have some information on how to avoid having your computer turned into a zombie, here.

thats easy....dont click on any links

Mad

or even better dont switch the bugger on

Razz Razz

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

60 years sounds pretty good. Plenty of time to develop a close relationship with Bubba before the heart attack.

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bout time they got one.

"a statotory maximum of 60 years" what on earth does that really mean is it like in the uk "Life for murder" meaning upto 25 / 30 years depending on how the judge thinks it was serious or does it mean hes gonna get 60 years?

Also if he goes to jail does he still have to pay the 1.75m?

If i was the judge id paint a dartboard to his t-shirt then let everyone he infected throw a dart, those who he stole money from can throw all 3

Cool Guess thats why im not a judge, but i might apply to be a magistrate - in uk there all volunteers anyway lol.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There is no way he is going to get 60 years. Statutory MAXIMUM of 60 years is what he could get at the most, should he be convicted.

Interesting to see under what statute they are trying this scumbag:

Quote:
It is the first time in the nation that someone has been charged under the federal wiretap statute for conduct related to botnets.

I am interested to see how this will play out. His lawyers will probably challenge the constitutionality of such a charge. Then again, he is taking a plea so it is hard to say. I am curious to see what happens with it, because this would set a precedent for later cases of this kind, at least in the US.

All the same, this is one fewer of these vermin not doing harm on the interwebs, at least for the time being.

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Akai:

He took a plea. Every plea deal I have seen from the Feds includes a waiver of appealing the constitutionality of the charge. There are rare cases where they take that out. Those are usually test cases where someone really really believes in their position. Generally center around free speech or a very poorly written statute. Given this guy was trying to commit ID theft I doubt very much he would have any constitutional argument.

As for sentencing, the phrase "Statutory maximum" is just that, the max the guy can get. Under US Federal law there is no parole. You serve at the least 85% of the time given. The fine can still be imposed even if he gets the maximum 60 yrs. I have not looked at the federal guidelines on this matter so I have no idea what to expect him to get.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

shiver wrote:
That's a bit harsh Lotta Laughing

What is the Ethics of Wishing Someone into Hell?

Flees flying bricks. . . .

^^^^^Indeed on pleading guilty--as a certain US Senator who likes footsie in the bathroom

discovered--pretty much removes all possibility of appealing the conviction.

--J.D.

FiveForces
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

With any luck, he'll get the maximum and the rest of the botnet "owners" will follow.

"GO AND DIE AND NOPT LIVE OK, YOU STUPID FOUL YOU TAKEW ME FOR PLAY? SEND YOUR SHIPPING INFO AND THAT ALL YOU TALK STUPID, SEND ME YOUR NUMBER THAT ALKL I NEED FROM YOU. NO NUKMBER GO AND DON;T SEND NO MONEY AND SEND HAVE NO PUPPY"
~ Bri Thany

"The whole situation is becoming ridiculous and absurd. Its hard to explain how a transaction that normally takes a few minutes to be concluded is starting to run into weeks."
~ Genesis Art & Craft

"you are treating me like a fool which is not supposed to be done"
~ Barryston Morgan

"I don't understand this...Its like you are playing on my intelligence."
~ Peter Roy
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The whole deal with a guilty plea is that the court will consider that he didn't waste their time, and will give him a much reduced sentence. He'll probably get, at most, 3 years, or a suspended sentence, or... 18 months with a two year parole, all in a nice cushy white collar federal country club, with a white line painted around it( "Im in jail,... I'm out, I'm in jail... I'm out") where his wife can only visit him three nights a week, he can finish his Mastes degree, and, when released, find a job immediately in "cyber security", make a lot of money, write a book about it, appear on David Lettermen, and, we can only hope, be killed by a mentaly deranged stalking fan....

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll guess he pleads guilty, and gets 10 years, plus the fines.
(But his lawyers will get some of it.)

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ The Man--I guess what I was really wondering, is if any future is charged in the future and decides not to enter a plea like this guy did, whether they would try to argue being charged under the federal wiretap statute. Obviously in this case the choice is not there, but it might be interesting to see how it would play out in future cases of this kind.

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

shiver wrote:
That's a bit harsh Lotta

I think emotion has caused lotta's to loose all sense of practicality as rotting usually requires moisture, and I'm not sure if there is any in hell.

I think what she really meant is, "I hope he rapidly oxidises in a very hot place."

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I think what she really meant is, "I hope he rapidly oxidises in a very hot place."
For eternity.
mrbigtime
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And don't forget... As part of the plea deal for computer fraud he most likely wont be able to be within 100' of a computer... that is until he starts working for the governments computer fraud division. banghead

I WANT TO TELL YOU THAT YOUR $130 CANNOT BUY ME ABOTTLE OF BEER IN MY COUNTRY

I believed you should be trying to pull my legs and let it be so as I will not like to tolerate such attitude from you

Please brother stop that joke, it is an expensive joke that can cause hyper tension.

BECAUSE IN MY VILLAGE WE DONT HAVE A TELL PHONE
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I missed a bit it just occured to me after 4 beers -
he did a plea bargain, in exchange for information

Looks like others could soon follow him

"jailhouse rock"

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

callum wrote:

I think emotion has caused lotta's to loose all sense of practicality as rotting usually requires moisture, and I'm not sure if there is any in hell.

I guess that was a bit harsh.

Instead I hope someone gets really medieval on his arse in prison. That better? Laughing

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Instead I hope someone gets really medieval on his arse in prison. That better?

Uh, yeah, thats much better..... Twisted Evil

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dr stephen williams wrote:
The whole deal with a guilty plea is that the court will consider that he didn't waste their time, and will give him a much reduced sentence. He'll probably get, at most, 3 years, or a suspended sentence, or... 18 months with a two year parole, all in a nice cushy white collar federal country club, . . .

Are you sure about that?

Cool

--J. "Yeeaah" D.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic